Waxman's Gym and Praxis Weightlifting are proud to introduce the Southwest Cup, a weightlifting battle of the southwest states.
The Southwest Cup is a USAW-sanctioned, championship-style weightlifting meet to be held this Summer in St. George, Utah, a premier vacation destination in the southwest U.S.
Lifters will battle within their weight-class/division while also earning points for their club and their home state. The state with the most cumulative points will win the cup! Cash prize will also be awarded to the top club.
When: Friday and Saturday, August 4-5, 2017
Where: Dixie Convention Center, 1835 S. Convention Center Dr, St. George, UT (website)
Meet Director: Debbie Millet, Praxis Weightlifting, (801) 440-7699, email@example.com
USAW Sanction #: 60-17-59674
This is a sanctioned USA Weightlifting competition. Lifters must be current members of USA Weightlifting to register and participate. All USA Weightlifting competition rules apply.
• Each registered lifter is automatically entered as a member of his/her state team.
• Lifters earn points by establishing a total (1 point) and beating other lifters in your weight class/division (1 point for each lifter you beat). Points count towards the club and state competition.
• Top 3 lifters in each bodyweight category/division will win individual awards.
• The club with the most cumulative points will win the Top Club award (cash prize).
• The state with the most cumulative points will win the battle and take home the Cup!
Updated July 29:
Full start list and session schedule is now available as Downloadable PDF (updated 8/1).
Youth & Junior Boys
Junior Girls 69kg, 75kg
Senior Men 69kg, 77kg, 85kg
Junior Girls 58kg, 90kg
Senior Men 94kg, 105kg, 105+kg
Registration deadline: July 28, 2017
Early Registration: EXPIRED
Standard Registration: $65 for youth/junior, $85 for senior/master (until July 28)
Late Registration: $90 per lifter (after July 28; subject to approval by Meet Director)
Refund/Substitute policy: No refunds/No substitutes
Youth, Junior and Senior classes and divisions as per USAW:
Master classes & divisions as per IWF Masters:
Men: 56, 62, 69, 77, 85, 94, 105, 105+ (ages 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, etc.)
Women: 48, 53, 58, 63, 69, 75, 90, 90+ (ages 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, etc.)
This is a sanctioned qualifier for USAW national competitions. Youth, Junior and Master lifters may register to compete and earn points as an Open/Senior lifter if preferred. Lifters will score points and be eligible for individual awards in the category they registered in only.
Click below for information on getting there and where to stay.
Flights are available into the following nearby airports:
• St. George UT (SGU)
• Las Vegas NV (LAS) (~ 45 minutes by car/shuttle to St. George)
If you fly into Las Vegas Airport, rental cars are typically available for ~$25/day. Shuttles are available for ~$30 each way. Note: Travelers are responsible for their own transportation and payment arrangements.
St. George Shuttle
St. George Express Shuttle
Original Western Legacy Shuttle
From the SOUTH (Las Vegas):
• Take I-15 to St. George exit at Dixie Drive (Exit 5)
• Turn right on Dixie Drive - quickly move to left lane
• Dixie Center is located on left-hand side of street
• Take 1st left turn (just after middle road barrier)
• Take another quick left turn into convention center parking)
• There is add'l parking across street & behind Dixie Center
From the NORTH (Salt Lake City):
• Take I-15 South to St. George exit at Bluff Street (Exit 6)
• Turn left on Bluff St. at stoplight
• Pass through first light (Riverside Drive)
• Turn left at second light onto Convention Center Drive
• Travel 2 blocks further
• Dixie Center is on lefthand side of street